Counted Recruitment are currently recruiting a Remote Group Accountant for a great technology business based in Birmingham. The role will see you play a crucial part in a large finance team.
Main duties of this Remote Group Accountant role include:
- Management of VAT compliance, including VAT returns
- Review of sales invoices to ensure accuracy and consistency of VAT treatment
- Liaising with the business to ensure prompt corrections and improved understanding to reduce future errors
- Completing allocated month-end tasks and analysis, including cash flow reporting
- Dealing with queries and data requests from internal and external audit
- Highlighting areas of concern and recommending adjustments to be considered with supporting information.
- Monitoring for changes in requirements and new legislation and ensuring that required changes are flagged as soon as possible.
- Providing support and cover for other team members’ tasks during holiday, absence and peak workload times to ensure deadlines are met.
- Various other ad-hoc accounting duties as required.
Location / Office / Hours
The business is based near Birmingham Airport, but this role is actually remote, with flexible hours. You will need to go to the office when required, which is about once a month.
Culture, Ownership and Industry
Private equity backed, this £300m+ business operates in the technology arena.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have a basis in month end roles or financial accounting. You will be ACCA or ACA qualified.
Benefits to the role
The main benefits of this Remote Group Accountant role include:
- Exciting industry
- Excellent manager
- Broad role